Below is the link to Suffolk Constabulary's website which contains useful information on how to keep safe, along with other relevant advice such as home security, E- crime and identity theft - Suffolk Police
Click here for the monthly newsletter from Suffolk Police.
- When wishing to report something, the easiest way is to do so using the on-line reporting tool from the Suffolk Constabulary website here Suffolk Police - Report Something. If you wish to report an historic crime (after the event), use this link Suffolk Police - Report Crime. To report a crime being committed, always dial 999. These on-line reporting tools produce the same result as the reporting person dialling the non-emergency Tel. No. 101, but without the wait associated with the telephone method. The person will receive an Investigation No. via e-mail, often within an hour of sending the report. For those with no internet access, it may save time to ask a friend or family member who does, to report on their behalf, as queues on the 101 system can be excessive due to demand.
- If you wish to contact an Officer or PCSO in the Halesworth Locality Safer Neighbourhood Team, the e-mail address is Halesworth.email@example.com Please do not use this to report crime, which should be reported only using the methods mentioned above.
- Simon Green's e-mail address as your Community Engagement Officer is CEOhalesworth@suffolk.police.uk he can be contacted for advice too, and also if you’d like him to address a community group to speak about policing or policing issues or any other engagement activity. He is also your first point of contact for Community Speed Watch and for requests to attend schools to address pupils and discuss policing.
- Part of his role also covers posting to their social media pages, Halesworth Police Facebook, Halesworth Police Twitter and Suffolk Police Instagram, so the messaging facilities provided by these platforms can be used to contact him too.
- Suffolk Police also has a new e-mail address for the public to provide intelligence information intelligencereporting@suffolk.
police.uk An example of the use of this might be if you’d like to let us know about suspected drug dealing or other possible or suspected criminality.
- Suffolk Police offers a free e-mailing facility called ‘Police Connect’ which provides up to date information about the area you live. PC provides information about crime in the area of Suffolk you are interested in. Please subscribe here & encourage others to do the same Police Connect